Monday 27 August 2012

August Favourites

Soap and Glory's Scrub, Actually

A sugar based, abrasive scrub that leaves your skin feeling so clean and fresh! I love everything about this product. It gives your skin a warming sensation, as it digs the impurities out from your pores. I've used other Soap and Glory products in the past, and have noticed they all have a signature scent. Which is why I was so surprised when I smelled this. It smells like strawberry Starbursts! The only drawback is that the fragrance only lasts for a few hours, and I wish I could constantly smell like this! It costs $16.50 for 200ml, but a little goes a long way, you are definitely getting what you pay for.

Pink Nouveau by MAC

Pink Nouveau by MAC is my go-to, staple lipstick. It's a true bubblegum pink that makes me feel like Barbie. It's intense and bold without being overwhelming, or dramatic. Totally wearable.The satin finish gives it a creamy, smooth texture. It's blue-based, but would look good on any skin type, warm or cool, and any hair colour. Pink Nouveau is highly pigmented, and lasts without fading for a few hours. The only drawback to this product is that it can be drying, but it's nothing that exfoliation/ lip balm prior to use can't solve!

  Sweet Soak's Cotton Candy Epsom Salt

Lately, I've been getting aches and pains in my back, so I started taking Epsom salt baths. Nothing works like Epsom salt does. Amazingly enough, while shopping at Winners I stumbled upon cotton candy Epsom salt! Yum! It smells so good, and makes my bath water a bright blue. My skin feels so soft after taking a bath, like a baby's! 

 Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub  

An exfoliant that gently buffs skin, and then uses botanicals to soothe the skin afterwards, all in one! I have combination skin, so finding an exfoliant that actually works for me was a challenge. I find that they are usually too abrasive (working nicely on my t-zone but leaving my cheeks dry, sore and red), or not abrasive enough (working properly on my cheeks but leaving my t-zone feeling oily and still dirty). Skin prep scrub is my happy medium, and by far the most effective exfoliant I've ever used. It removes my impurities, drawing out excessive oil, without drying up my skin. This is the perfect new addition to my skin care routine, it leaves my skin soft and glowing.

Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque

This is the best product for acne. If I could give it three thumbs up, I would. I never imagined a product would be able to deliver results as soon as you use it. It's great for oily skin, skin that gets congested, or just clearing up impurities. It doesn't irritate or dry my skin, and still gives amazing results.

Luminess Air

I've used different kinds of airbrushing makeup, and I currently own two different compressors. Luminess air is a great product for those who are experienced in airbrushing, as well as beginners. You definitely do not need an airbrushing machine to achieve flawless foundation. I just prefer it as it doesn't 'cake up' like other makeup and doesn't clog your pores. It also lasts a long time, I have worn it for 12 hours with a single application and felt no need to touch-up or reapply.


No comments:

Post a Comment