Sunday 23 September 2012

"Perfect Clothing Fit" Body Scanner


“The Intellifit Virtual Fitting Room is a high-accuracy scanner utilizing low-emitting radio waves to capture 200,000 points of data on a fully clothed individual in less than 20 seconds. It includes a high-volume transaction server to store a customer’s shopping profile and body measurement information.”

With locations in more than 70 malls across the United States, Me-Ality is a new way to shop. In less than 10 seconds, this free service scans your body, analyzes your measurements, and creates a shopping list designed specifically for your body. It recommends brands for every budget, from high-end designers like DVF, and Michael Kors, to more budget friendly brands such as Old Navy or Hollister.
 
This is such a great idea, because it seems like I wear a different size of pants at every store I go to. After a year of wear and tear I had to throw out my favourite pair of Buffalo jeans, I was super happy when Guess released a similar style. I bought the same size without trying on (I have a tendency to do this very often), and they were way too small. Obviously they don't understand the psychological toll this has on a woman. I'd love a machine to take the guess work out of trying on clothes.
 
However nifty, we shouldn't let a machine dictate our individuality, personal style, or fashion sense. It's important to remember that we only look beautiful when we feel beautiful.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment